The Brand Manager, Nutrition contributes to the overall success of the Nutiva brand by managing programs that champion the Company's strategic goals. Reporting to the Marketing Director, this role will serve as the primary marketing lead for driving business for Nutiva's product lines focused in Nutrition/Supplements (including but not limited to: plant protein, hemp protein, hemp oil, mct oil/powder, hemp seeds chia seeds)
Nutiva employees are expected to embrace Nutiva's four values of Innovation, Purity, Community, and Well-Being. These values guide our team in representing Nutiva to our associates, vendors, and customers.
- Project Management: Act as project management lead for various strategic projects to improve Nutiva's products and brands. Lead cross functional teams to success go-to-market execution
- Category/Competitive Analysis: Conduct in depth category and competitive analysis for all related product lines. Act as category expert for marketing, leadership team and sales.
- Innovation: Take new items within nutrition/supplements from concept to market assessment to development and commercialization.
- Product Launch: Work with sales and marketing to ensure successful implementation and monitor performance for any updates and improvements for Nutiva's core items
- Data Analysis: Analyze key category, consumer and industry trends, and guide product development, marketing programs and sales strategies. Occasionally conduct and analyze consumer research.
- Brand Building: Support profitability, margin, market share, and HH penetration targets to build the brand.
- Story Telling: Act as lead on Nutiva's sustainability story and work with suppliers to market Nutiva's single ingredient products. Work with sales and marketing team to promote Nutiva's work around sustainability.
- Other: Take on other various marketing projects to support sales, brand building, and awareness. Projects may include consumer research, strategic campaigns. Involvement in Nutiva's 1% donation program.
- Strong background and related experience in nutrition and supplements space.
- Robust knowledge of packaging, advertising, coupons and promotions.
- Experience with analysis of product and program profitability.
- Takes ownership of projects; juggles multiple tasks comfortably and reacts quickly to changes in project direction.
- Strong creative and copywriting skills.
- Passionate about health, wellness and natural/organic foods.
- Can work at Nutiva headquarters in Richmond, CA.
- Ability to develop and inspire cross-functional team members to achieve results.
- Ability to work in very fast paced, constantly changing environment, juggling multiple projects.
- Ideal candidate is classically trained in CPG brand management but carries an entrepreneurial spirit
- Ability to operate with flexibility and help create best practices and processes
- Intermediate Excel and PowerPoint skills and ability to analyze data. (Advanced excel is a plus)
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong project management skills
- Experience leading cross-functional teams and working effectively across multiple departments.
- Min of 4-7 years' consumer product brand management experience in CPG industry.
- Bachelor's Degree required; MBA preferred.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
This role works in a professional office environment, and routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, and filing cabinets.
An innovative leader in the organic food industry, Nutiva (www.nutiva.com) is the world's best-selling brand of organic coconut, hemp, chia and red palm superfoods. We're living our mission: to nourish people and planet. We donate 1% of sales to support sustainable agriculture. Inc. Magazine has named Nutiva one of the fastest-growing private companies in America for six years in a row. The atmosphere here at Nutiva is fast-paced and ever-changing, but we think that's what makes it exciting. Together we can revolutionize the way the world eats.