United States Bakery
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status. US Bakery requests priority referrals of Protected Veterans for this job opening, and all other externally posted company employment opportunities.
Requisition Number: 7703
Date Posted: 9/27/2018
Location: 6th Avenue
Address: 2901 6th Avenue South
Category: Sales & Sales Support
Franz Family Bakeries is looking for an enthusiastic/capable/high-energy/dependable individual to demonstrate product and answer questions to create public interest in buying Franz products and promote sales. 40 hours per week which may include holidays and weekends at a variety of locations OR driving company vehicle.
Franz Family Bakeries is a privately owned, independent wholesale bakery operating in the Pacific Northwest consisting of a group of family bakeries, all of which were started in the 1900s. Collectively, we produce a variety of different bakery products including breads, rolls, bagels, donuts, cookies and pastries that are marketed under a wide range of premium labels. We are convinced that our products, which are made with quality ingredients and superior baking processes, are the best in the marketplace.
Who we are looking for:
We are looking for energetic individuals with an amazingly positive attitude to work events getting our brand name and products visibility to the public. Experience in marketing, social media and coordinating / planning events.
PAY/ BENEFITS: $15.00 per hour.
- Provide product samples, coupons, informational brochures or other incentives to persuade people to buy Franz products.
- Record and report demonstration related information such as number of questions asked by the customers, or the number of coupons distributed.
- Demonstrate or explain products to customers; suggest specific product purchases to meet customer's needs.
- Keep areas neat and clean while working and return items to correct locations when done.
- Set up and arrange displays to attract attention of prospective customers.
- Learn about competitor products to be able to answer questions and provide customers with a more complete answer.
- Assemble and disassemble products used in demonstrations.
- Visit trade shows, stores, community organizations to demonstrate products.
- Must be able to lift 10 - 20 pounds of product during set up process.
- Adhere to and follow the Company's Core Values.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED; AA or some college preferred.
- 1 - 2 years customer service experience preferably in the food service industry.
- Current Food Handler's Permit and driver's license required.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to communicate internally with management team and externally with Franz clients and their customers.
- Excellent reading, writing and verbal English language skills with ability to understand a diverse group of customers, instructions and reading of labels.
- Tasks require stooping, reaching, frequent standing, walking, lifting, grasping, feeling, talking and hearing.
- Ability to take direction.
- Ability to plan, coordinate and select product to promote successful food events.
- Quality control related to freshness, selection and presentation of product.